Tuesday, October 19, 2010

GREAT EIGHT!!!!

Well, its really hard to believe that McCullough is EIGHT months old. I say it every month, but time flies by (and it makes me really sad too). It's just amazing to me that one year ago tomorrow we found out we we're having a GIRL. I never would have dreamed how magical my life would become. We are SO grateful for this precious little girl that the Lord has blessed us with!!! Words really can't begin to explain our emotions and love!!

So...this has been an eventful month! Lets see...
- we went to Donaldsonville for Vera's first birthday! What a party!!
- we celebrate the announcement that McCullough's first cousin will be named Margaret Brooke Moss (due Jan. 2nd)
-we saw of picture of Baby McCullough #2, Bethany is due March 26th
- McCullough has her bottom two teeth and is about to cut two more (or I am going to go crazy b/c this fussiness is out of control)
- we aren't crawling but are getting closer. She lunges for things and is starting to pull up - haven't master that quite yet.
- she most definitely say 'ah da da da' and is working on the 'te te' sound. So cute to watch her explore noises
-lets see foods she eats...avocado, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, yogurt, prunes, peaches, plums, pears, apples, banana....
- we also had our first 'stomach bug'. It was terrible and broke my heart...she was throwing up all over me and you could tell she was SO confused!!! We changed clothes three times in an hour.
-oh, she went to sunday school for the first time and LOVED it!!! I took McCullough for her first day and Ben's parting words were "check out the scene and if your not comfortable, then don't leave her" how sweet!! Of course the nursery workers are our friends which helped, so I left her and she never even cried. Like a rookie, I forget to leave diapers so I walked back to give them to JoAnne and I saw McCullough sitting on the floor playing with these toys like a BIG GIRL. I promptly turned around and burst into tears!! Thankfully there were a slew of friends to support me!!
- now she kicks her legs with excited as she nears her Sunday School classroom - I'm pretty sure she is a social one...hmmmmm

Well...it was an eventful month and its about to be real different around Bryker Drive for the next 4 days because Ben and I are taking a little trip to Chicago tomorrow. I am in total denial about how much I am going to miss McCullough (and am trying not to think about it). But thankfully Nancy and Barney are coming down to watch her, so that Ben and I can go to Chicago for a few nights. I have never been and am THRILLED about finally seeing where Ben lived, played football, went to high school and much more!!! I know McCullough is in great hands, but I am really going to miss her. I think 5 hours is the longest I have ever been away from her before now!!! So say a prayer!



And for those that noticed I never posted her seven month pic here it is! We were so busy with Pawleys Island and then our Louisiana trip - that it just got put on the back burner.
But real quick
- she cut her first tooth while we were at Pawleys (bottom right)
- she cut she next tooth a few days later (bottom left)
- she started eating solid foods much more regularly
- she met her great grandmother and name sake Margaret Elizabeth (whom we call Meg)
-transitioned to two naps
- loves to watch the birds
- very aware of her surroundings and much more active



No comments:

Post a Comment